Planning a meeting, reunion, wedding, performance, or any other upcoming event? Hire me as an expert event planner, producer, and promoter.
Need help with invitations, proposals, researching grants and funding, updating websites and social media, writing vows, press releases, or publicity? Hire me as an expert editorial eye, researcher, information architect, and web content creator and manager. I built all the content on this website. I can even make you a short video.
- 10 years’ experience working on theatrical and film productions, including the 1999 Tony-Award winning season at Utah Shakespeare Festival.
- 14 years as a professional librarian: planning, producing, and promoting programs and events, as well as literary recommendations and research on all subjects. For example,
I directed, recorded, and performed in a public reading from Stephen Leacock’s “Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town” at Burnaby Village Museum. Then I used archival photos to create a video on Youtube of my Introduction, and linked to the stories’ podcasts.
For many years I also organized and participated in my library’s award-winning contingent in the Hats Off Parade, including a Book Cart Drill Team costumed as characters from children’s books.
In summers, I brought a fully-functional “pop-up library” in a tent, with books, e-books, internet-connected iPad, VR and programmable tech toys, and kids’ crafts, to festivals, farmers’ markets, parks and beaches.
- Co-Focus person of Joy of Learning Committee at Roberts Creek Cohousing,. Create and host events including book club, dramatic readings, and KAIROS Blanket Indigenous Awareness Exercise with Syiyaya Reconciliation Movement.
- Community events: founder of the Burnaby Heights Pumpkin Parade, an annual event to showcase the community’s jack’o’lanterns and then compost them. Wrote successful grant applications to the Vancouver Foundation’s Neighbourhood Small Grants. Guest artist and helped with publicity for community event Living Room Art in the Heights.
- Former Vice President of the Parent Advisory Council (PAC) for Confederation Park Elementary School, Burnaby BC. Organized many social and fund-raising events for parents and students. For example, worked with teacher and students to create an award-winning 90-Second-Newbery video of “When You Reach Me.”
- Activist for my local union, CUPE23, helping with events and Bargaining Committee.
- Content Manager and publicist for the Facebook page and website of the Sunshine Coast Alliance for Seniors’ Care Co-op, as well as serving on its Steering Committee.
- 20 years’ experience in the software and e-commerce industry, in technical writing, editing, indexing, online assistance, taxonomies, and usability.
- 3 years teaching Indexing and Abstracting at the University of Washington’s iSchool (graduate school in library science).
See more of my videos on YouTube.