Meet Pearl, our beloved pearl-coloured vintage 1975 13′ Boler camping trailer.
Would you like to rent her to go camping? She’s really fun! She sleeps two (cosy) adults together, and one child or not-too-tall adult separately. Stove and fridge; running water and sink; battery-powered lights – all in good working order. Propane, dishes and cookware, bedding, and shade canopy all supplied. All you need is a bathroom nearby, and your food.
I’ll deliver Pearl to the campground or location of your choice, anywhere on the beautiful lower Sunshine Coast (Port Mellon to Egmont), and pick her up when you’re done. Save the expensive fees and long waits for taking a trailer over the ferry!
We have some lovely campgrounds around here, including:
- Roberts Creek Provincial Park
- Porpoise Bay Provincial Park (beach, warm water, playground, on-site kayak rental!)
- Homesite Creek Falls (for a more rustic experience)
- Klein Lake (also quite rustic, no water)
- Katherine Lake
- Strongwater Camping (our favourite! Tell them we sent you.)
A few house rules and recommendations
- Absolutely no smoking or pets inside Pearl, please (I have dreadful allergies).
- No fires anywhere near the propane tanks or lines. Be safe.
- It’s your job to arrange Pearl’s delivery location. You make the campsite reservation – or get your car into an unreserved campsite first thing in the day, to save it. Unreserved spots are not guaranteed, and you may lose your Pearl reservation and deposit. (You can hookup to electricity, but why pay extra? You don’t need electricity to run the propane stove and fridge and the battery-operated lights. Charge your phone in the public bathroom like everyone else.)
- Two nights minimum, three nights over long weekends.
- One night’s deposit at booking, non-refundable.
- Refundable one-night deposit, held as damage deposit until Pearl is returned in the condition you got her.
- Additional nights refundable with minimum 14 days’ written notice.
- Sorry, you can’t tow Pearl. I’ll deliver her for you . (You probably don’t have the compatible brake control system and hitch installed on your vehicle, or the legal tow capacity, anyway.)
- Sorry, I’m not taking Pearl over the ferry for you. (Expensive, long waits.)
- I can pick up and return you to Langdale ferry for an additional charge, depending on date and number of passengers (up to 4). You don’t even need a car! Just take the bus to Horseshoe Bay.
- Check the ferry timetables, they change frequently! Reservations recommended for all vehicles!
Contact Lise for Pearl’s rates and reservations.